It is intended to start, based on demand, adult evening classes for post 18 year olds in early 2016. The classes will be for both accredited (Construction Skills diploma) and non – accredited courses.
The classes will be based for those learners who have different expectations from this learning, which will be discussed at the interview stage, for example: –
- Just an awareness, understanding and practice to develop skills and confidence to undertake small Do It Yourself (DIY) jobs around the home, or
- as a transition option into further training progression at an FE college or employment, or
- as part of training, development and progression objectives although already employed within the construction industry or are about to start employment, or
- as an option taster for employment in the construction industry
The course outline structure will be as follows
- Both accredited and non – accredited courses will be in 10 week blocks
- Commitment required for accredited courses will be an average 18 months duration for successful completion
- There will an evening class of 2.5 hours once a week
- Two evenings a week will be available where there is a demand and a limit is placed on 10 different learners for each session
- Fees are payable up front just before the start of a ten week block.
- The fees for both types of course for a ten week block will be £400.00 and will include all materials and will not be refundable once the course has started
- The courses will involve instruction, demonstration and practice and supported by feedback and planned periodic reviews
- The non- accredited course is a roll on / roll basis subject to item 7 above